Whooopsy! I accidentally deleted the reminder email from my library notifying me that my books were due soon. That must have been several days ago, because this morning when I signed onto my library account to request a new book, I saw that I had 87 overdue books. Yes, 87. But, that was only one card. I have 4 cards, one for each person in the family. I checked each card and after I regained consciousness, the girls and I spent the morning gathering all 245 overdue books. About 5 or 6 of the books are for me, the others are for the girls or they are school books. Steve is the only innocent person in all of this- NONE of the books were his, yet since he's the only one bringing money into this house, he'll be paying for it! Maybe I should make a nice dinner tonight...
With a 10 cent fine per book per day, I am very glad that our library puts a cap on fines per family... $10 max. Whew. It's still cheaper to pay the $10 than it would have been to buy all of these books! Rationalization!
What can we learn from this lesson?
A. Literate children can be costly
B. Reading comprehension only works if emails actually get read
C. Reusable bags are handy for a variety of thingsD. All of the above
Correct answer: D (answer A is also acceptable)
