As part of our study of the 1800s, we learned about a few inventors earlier this fall. Our homeschool coop held an Invention Convention giving the children an opportunity to showcase something they invented and explain their invention to their peers. Here are Lydia and Madeline talking about their invention, Uni-horse! Uni-horse is a kit for turning a horse into a unicorn. The idea is that this could be used on real horses, but for the display, the girls used model horses. This invention was completely their idea!
I was out of town when this event took place, but I've heard from a few people that the girls did a great job explaining their idea and speaking in front of the group! The girls had fun finishing the horns and wings with Daddy while I was gone. Steve sewed the bridles for the horses' horns then used the hot glue gun to stick the horns in place. The girls put their display board together with Daddy too!
Madeline's horse is a Tennessee Walker named General.
Lydia's horse is a Lippizaner named Caripole.



