It's been a while since I've posted anything about what's happening in our family. Because I was trying to post things in the order in which they happened, I became overwhelmed with trying to keep up. But this is just a family blog and it's not like it's being cataloged in the Library of Congress; I've decided it doesn't matter if I post things out of order. Maybe a random post is better than no post. Besides, this gives me an excuse to look back at old pictures from time to time.
So, let the fun begin! Below are some pictures that have nothing to do with current events in our house. I took these photos and I love these photos, so here they are! These photos remind me of special places, special people, and special times.
Foxglove, taken at Blackgang Chine on the Isle of Wight, UK. Blackgang Chine is a kind of amusement park with all sorts of little scenes set up to look like the settings of children's books. These beautiful flowers are outside Sleeping Beauty's castle. Foxglove is highly toxic to humans and animals. I've always wondered how Sleeping Beauty wound up in a coma for a hundred years just from pricking her finger on a spindle. Now I know - the wicked fairy must have rubbed some foxglove on the spindle.
I don't know what this flower is called. It's very small, as you can tell by the size of the blades of grass around it. This was taken at Inchcolm Abbey on Incolm Island, in Scotland.
Someone told me this is a passion flower. This was taken on the Isle of Wight, UK, outside the apartment we rented for the weekend.
Hydrangea - taken at The Needles Park, Isle of Wight. Mom and Phil used to have some beautiful purple-blue hydrangeas outside their sunporch.
No idea what this is. I took this in someone's garden in England.
Taken in the garden outside Winchester Castle in England.
This was taken at the Saginaw Zoo in Michigan. I know, people usually take pictures of the animals at a zoo, not the flowers.
Again, Saginaw Zoo.
I think this is called bleeding heart. This was taken in Niagara Falls on a weekend visit with Dad and Leslie.
I love this photo. I have it as my desktop background. It was taken at the Saginaw Zoo in their small butterfly house.
Also at the Saginaw Zoo.






