On our way to Michigan we surprised the girls with a visit to the Kentucky Horse Park! What better place for two horse-crazy girls? We spent a full day there and they loved every minute! They had a pony ride, saw several famous race horses, observed a show jumping competition, went to a "Parade of Breeds" show, watched a movie about horses, visited a farrier and got to ask him lots of questions, and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. It was a great day and we loved the looks on their faces with each thing we got to do there.
At the Hall of Champions, where the girls got to see several famous race horses, Madeline wrote down everything she could as fast as she could!

There seemed to be miles and miles of this white fencing all through the park. I wish we could have seen it from the air.

At the Parade of Breeds show, we saw the Appaloosa horse - a favorite of our girls - ridden by someone in traditional Nez Perce costume.

The pony ride... Lydia is riding Twix; Madeline is riding Copper.

In the tack room for the draft horses